The Sarawak Association of Marine Industries (SAMIN) is an association established in 2018 to promote the interests of the marine industry focusing on the state of Sarawak. SAMIN represents a wide cross-section of Sarawak’s ship repair, shipbuilding, marine designer, maritime industry consultant, ship classification, maritime related or supporting industries. Established local shipyards along with ship design firms as well as ship surveying companies are among its members. SAMIN provides the foundation for the advancement and development of maritime industry in Sarawak as well as to do what is best for its members in realizing its aspiration.
The objectives of SAMIN are:
- To protect, safeguard and strive for the interest of its members.
- To develop the Shipbuilding, Ship-repair and Marine Industries in Sarawak.
- To form a means of communication between members, furnish information to members and provide facilities for discussion on matters affecting the Shipbuilding, Ship-repair and Marine Industries in Sarawak.
- To provide means to promote cooperation between members, the Association and affiliated organisations.
- To promote research, also provide advice and assistance to members on all matters as shall appear to the Association to be proper and desirable.
- To promote the education and training in all aspects of Shipbuilding, Ship-repair and Marine Industries with a view to upgrade such expertise in Sarawak, and in the connection to provide for scholarships either by itself or in connection with other associations.
- To organise event, exhibitions, seminar, forum, discussion, training and conduct such activities to raise public awareness in Shipbuilding, Ship-repair and Marine Industries.
- To organise and manage matters of common interest, concern or benefit to members or any group of members and to collect and manage funds for the same.
- To make by-laws and regulations in accordance with these rules and to take such action as may be necessary to enforce these rules and said by-laws and regulations against any member of the Association.
- To make or at the discretion of the Association assist any member to make representation to any Government or Government representative, public or private body, association, corporation, company, firm or individual on matters concerning the Shipbuilding, Ship-repair and Marine Industries.
- To establish and maintain premises for the purposes of the Association and for the use of its members and to provide social amenities, including meals and refreshments.
- To settle disputes among its members provided that the parties concerned have given their consent in writing to such arbitration.
- To apply for the promote any legislative or other measures affecting the Shipbuilding, Ship-repair and Marine Industries.
Any Malaysian-registered company that engaged in the business of Shipbuilding, Ship-repair, Marine Designer, Marine Consultation, Ship Classification and Marine Related or Support industries of every description used in navigation is eligible for membership of the Association.
Any professional, company or organization who subscribes to the objects of the Association may apply for and be admitted to Associate Membership in accordance with the Rules. An Associate Member shall not be eligible to hold any office or to vote at General Meetings or to any claim on the funds of the Association.
- Application for membership must be made on a prescribed SAMIN Application Form for Membership.
- Application form must be signed by a Proposer and a Seconder who are SAMIN members. The company's representatives who sign as Proposer and Seconder must be authorised personnel of senior managerial level.
- Application must be submitted along with Form 9, Trade License, Form 24/26 and Form 49, together with one – time membership fee of RM1,000.
GIMHWAK ENTERPRISE SDN BHD
Dr. Yong King Hwa (Renco)
SHIN YANG SHIPYARD SDN BHD
Mr. Ting Hien Liong
VICE CHAIRMAN (SHIPBUILDING/SHIP REPAIR – SABAH/SARAWAK)
VITAWANI SHIPBUILDING SDN BHD
Mr. Ling Tiu Khing
VICE CHAIRMAN (MARINE RELATED INDUSTRIES)
SIONG PING ENGINEERING SDN BHD
Mr. Jackie Chieng Yew Wei
NAVAL ARCH MARINE SDN BHD
Ir. Tay Kho Jim (Peter)
ROBIN DOCKYARD & ENGINEERING SDN BHD
Mr. Tan Yong Yew
RAJANG MAJU MARINE INDUSTRIES SDN BHD
Mr. Ngieng Hock Sii
BERJAYA DOCKYARD (SIBU) SDN BHD
Mr. Jonathan Ling Nai Wee
SKY – E MARINE SDN BHD
Mr. Chow Man Siaw
BORNEO SHIPPING & TIMBER AGENCIES SDN BHD
Mr. Ting Bhiik Ming
SIN MATU SHIPYARD SDN BHD
Mr. Chieng Yeu Foo